Saturday, January 10, 2009

And so it begins.

Today is my first week of marathon training. My foot is still giving me problems. Doc said everything was legit bonewise and gave me some anti inflammatory pills. I'm going to make my own insole. It's basically gonna be one of those hemorrhoid rings old guy have to wear, but only in my shoes. We'll see.

I'm going to use this place as a training log and whatever else I feel like rambling about.

Week 16:
  • 15 miles total.
  • Legs were/are kinda sore.
  • Spirits are up. Need to find some better running music tho. Techno and the Ride The Lightening album will only get you so far.
  • Was planning on doing my long Sat. run with the Fleetfeet group @ 8am, but I woke up with a little Chamorro girl next to me. I'll give you two guesses what happened next, but you'll only need one.
  • Long run. It was nice to crank out some longer miles. Foot was hurting, but I'll fix that. Sara told me that chocolate milk was a great post workout drink. Something about how it's got the right mix of nutrients, carbs, etc.
Week one in the bag. 15 more to go. Seize the carp and all that....

In the mean time, enjoy one of the greatest scenes in cinematic history (skip to the 4:30 mark)
Epic

No comments:

Post a Comment